Making an appointment with your physical therapist usually means that you need to improve your physical stability. Once you set an appointment, make sure that you maximize it. These are some common guidelines that can help you make the most of your therapy appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Jeans or long sleeves are not advisable for your therapy appointments. Do not forget to wear closed, comfortable shoes.
- Make sure to arrive on time or a few minutes early to all your appointments. If you cannot come on time, make sure to call the office ahead and ask if your therapist can still see you or if it would be better to reschedule your appointment.
- Discuss your condition and treatment with your therapist. Open communication will help you and the therapist understand the situation and take appropriate actions.
- Do your home exercise program exactly as instructed.
- Work hard. You should be as committed to your therapy as you are to your job. The speed of your recovery will depend on how much you discipline yourself in executing all the treatment (exercise included) given to you.
These rules, when applied while undergoing physical therapy, will help you improve faster. Doing your part and not depending on the therapist for everything will make you appreciate everything that is happening to you while you reach your full recovery.